Saturday, January 22, 2011

Concerning Souls

Usually when people speak of souls, they refer to their spirit, or essence, or personality, some part of themselves that seems to transcend the body and many believe will live on after they die. But most people think of the soul as separate from the body, as though the body were just a shell and not the real thing.

In the Doctrine and Covenants 88:15 the Lord revealed an astounding doctrine, "And the spirit and the body are the soul of man."

As the spirit and body together make the soul, you cannot affect one without affecting the other for good or bad. Today I was trying to do work on the computer and the children were needing attention, then the program I was using was having problems. I became angry and impatient and couldn't understand why I was feeling so emotional. My husband sat me down and made me eat a very large, high protein snack and then the world seemed much brighter.

You must take care of both your body and spirit to be whole and happy. This site will offer your whole soul a chance to be nourished. Here you will find essential oils and recipes for caring for the body, and artwork, books, and inspirational thoughts for nourishing the spirit. We hope you find your experience here fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment